When Should You Choose Silk Flowers For Your Wedding?
Many people still favour fresh flowers for their wedding. And if I’m honest, I’m in that group. I don’t think you can beat their scent, texture and natural movement. But there are times when silk flowers will be the right choice for you.
So let’s look at some of the benefits of silk flowers:
- They won’t wilt or droop. No matter how hot the day, you know that your flowers will still be looking good.
- They’ll last forever so you can keep them as mementos of your day.
- They won’t stain your dress – some flowers, like lilies for example, have pollen which can easily stain your dress.
- If your bouquet is made from fresh flowers you’re going to need to keep it water on the morning of the wedding. This can then leave water marks on your dress if you’re not careful. – Bonus top tip here – take the bouquets out of water 30 minutes before you need them and wrap the stems in a tea towel to dry out.
- You don’t need to worry about what flowers will be in season as obviously anything is available all year.
- Silk flowers are also easier to transport so they’re a great option if you’re travelling to your wedding destination.
- Your arrangments and bouquets can be made ahead of your wedding day too, so if you’re making them yourself you can get them made early and stored.
- And finally they’re allergy friendly so if you or any of your bridal bouquet have strong allergies you know there’ll be no red eyes and runny noses!
My final word of advice if you’re opting for silk, would be to get the very best you can afford. The more realistic looking they are the better they will look on your photos.
Do get in touch if you’d like to chat through any element of your wedding and options for getting some professional help either with your planning or managing your wedding day. I’d love to talk to you.